YYOKEFONG: luxola - compare and contrast

15 Mar 2015

luxola - compare and contrast


The lovely people at Luxola Singapore has kindly sent their top picks of sunscreen for me to compare and contrast! These three top picks includes Supergoop! SPF 30, Lunamer's SPF 40 and Soleil Toujours SPF 45.


I've been trying these sunscreens for the past few days - I'll let you in on a little secret! I actually didn't know which one to start with as I couldn't judge "the best" from the packaging.


Eenie meenie miney moe - I picked Supergoop! to try out first! A gentle squeeze lead to a large amount being poured out, it was a real pity as some of it had to be wasted.

If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know that I'm particular about the smell of facial products. Supergoop! smelt like antiseptic cream to me, which was quite a turn off.

It is always good to apply sunscreen at least fifteen minutes before you leave the house so that it can be absorbed into your skin for protection. Unfortunately, after fifteen minutes, the sunscreen could still be felt on my face, albeit sticky.

Scent: 2/5
Stickiness: 3/5
Absorption Rate: 2/5


Lunamer was more of a pleaser!

However, as compared to Supergoop! you'll have to give it a harder squeeze as the nozzle is much smaller. Less than fifteen minutes and the sunscreen has been fully absorbed! Although Lunamer had a vanilla or buttery scent that I didn't really like, there wasn't a funky smell at all!

Scent: 4/5
Stickiness: 5/5
Absorption Rate: 4/5


Down to the last sunscreen, Soleil Toujours! Do not underestimate this beautiful gold and black sunscreen. Instead of the usual twist and uncap, it is a push, click and squeeze. I love how there is absolutely zero sticky feeling after application!

However, it was extremely thick and difficult to apply. Worst of all, it smelt like medicated oil! That is a no-no scent for my face.

Scent: 1/5
Stickiness: 5/5
Absorption Rate: 5/5


Even though there are great points for Supergoop! and Soleil Toujours, I choose Lunamer's! I would give up the best absorption rate (Soleil Toujours) for great scent (Lunamer's)!

What is your favourite sunscreen? Comment below to tell me more!


Thank you Luxola Singapore for sending me these sunscreens to test out!

Thinking of pampering yourself with a skincare or beauty product, or simply surprise a loved one with it?

Enter "BLX-YOKE" during checkout to enjoy 15% off on all first time orders made before April 16th! Do note that this offer is not valid for non-discountable brands such as Laneige, Vichy, Origins and more!

With love & till next time,
mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment